Saturday, December 3, 2011

Weekend + Warrior = Narrow Sea Blue Silk Shirt Dress

If you didn't know, I'm not just into looking at fashion, from the visual side, but I design/make clothing myself.
I'm old school and I like it like that so I actually draw, pattern, cut out, and sew.
I have an Etsy page where you can find a bunch of my things for sale, request custom items, or message me about collaborating.

This top, the Narrow Sea Blue Silk Shirt Dress, is one of the items for sale on my Etsy page.
It can be worn and draped in as many ways as you can think of.
It is made from a supple deep blue silk with a subtle shimmer that glistens in the light.


I've paired the shirt dress here with a vintage purse strap that I found in Milan, Italy. The belt is looped through the wide armholes and around to the front to accentuate the waist and allow for more draping.


There are loads  of belts with a similar look on Etsy. 
This belt at the shop 12e61 is pretty awesome and would do the trick. 


Here is the shirt dress un-belted and loose. 
Front on the right and back on the left. 


In the Song of Ice and Fire novels, the Narrow Sea is a Mediterranean-sized body of water separating Westeros from Essos. The Narrow Sea runs from roughly just east of the Vale to just north-east of Dorne. In the north it opens out into the circumpolar ocean known as the Shivering Sea (which separates Essos from the northern icecap), whilst in the south it is divided from the larger Summer Sea by the island-chain known as the Stepstones. The Westerosi cities of Gulltown and King's Landing lie on its western shores, and the Free Cities of Braavos, Pentos, Tyrosh and Myr lie on its eastern shores. Braavos has the largest and most powerful navy on the Narrow Sea.




And here I put these darling Prince Joffrey Electric Blue Silk Velvet High Waisted Shorts with it. I love how the blues clash and the bright color popping out really makes the outfit as well as the play on textures. I hand dyed the silk velvet to get the brilliant blue of the shorts just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment