Sunday, September 18, 2011

sac + cha + rine

I keep reading reviews using the word saccharine.
I heard our PR girls at Tibi ask what saccharine was.
I thought I knew the meaning of the word, but then realized that I didn't when I tried defining it for them.
SO, I have been exploring the word saccharine within a context that I can understand. The context being my world and the things that fall into it, revolve around it, and that are smack dab in the middle of it.
For now, these photos struck a saccharine chord. 



sac·cha·rine

   [sak-er-in, -uh-reen, -uh-rahyn]  Show IPA
adjective
1.
of the nature of or resembling that of sugar: a powderysubstance with a saccharine taste.
2.
containing or yielding sugar.
3.
very sweet to the taste; sugary: a saccharine dessert.
4.
cloyingly agreeable or ingratiating: a saccharinepersonality.
5.
exaggeratedly sweet or sentimental: a saccharine smile; asaccharine song of undying love.




No comments:

Post a Comment