Monday, October 3, 2011

Game of Thrones = Haider Ackermann Spring 2012

I will admit an obsession, that border lines extreme dorkiness, with all things medieval, magical, or having to do with sword fighting, wizards, witches, dragons... you catch my drift... I'm admitting a head over heels love for fantasy. 

So, when I checked out the Haider Ackermann Spring 2012 show I couldn't help but think of the HBO series, Game of Thrones. I was enthralled with the idea that the models looked like Princess Khalessi's marching down the runway in their draped silks and layered leather pieces. 

Aside from my love of all things magical, this show was also spectacular from a purely fashion standpoint. The infusion of vibrant color this season was a welcomed development from the exquisite but quite bleak previous collections Ackermann has shown. Ackermann implemented timeless menswear elements as well, as he says on Style.com, "You love the idea that she would steal the clothes from her husband," he said, before correcting himself: "Her lover, not her husband."




























No comments:

Post a Comment