Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sirène + Ricardo Tisci's Imagination = Givenchy Spring 2012

Ricardo Tisci's spring 2012 show for Givenchy was a far cry from the lavishness of his couture presentation, however by the end of the show I was smiling ear to ear none the less. 

First of all, there were the undulating hemlines in iridescent sequined textiles resembling the rolling tides of the ocean, swelling in and out of the shore.

Second of all, were the all-natural mermaid beauties gracing the runway with sea salted waves and scale-like sparkling eyes. 

Third of all (if that is even part of the saying) I couldn't not imagine myself in most of the outfits, in my wildest couture clad dreams of course, but a girl can dream right? Except for the sparkling sequin suits, which the show couldn't have gone on without, but which I would never be caught dead in. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment